HD students can schedule appointments for one-on-one consultations. The GRAD Centre has experienced academic writing consultants to provide feedback on your individual written work (we will not give feedback on group assignments). The consultants have extensive experience working with graduate students to improve the writing of academic essays, and are familiar with the writing difficulties faced by them. Selected PhD students who are trained to provide peer-to-peer feedback are also available for consultations. Consultations will be conducted at the GRAD Centre Consultation Room - NIE7-03-114
Please note the following before you book a one-on-one consultation session:
- The session is dependent upon the availability of the consultant.
- You are advised to inform and seek permission from your supervisor/programme leader/course lecturer before you make an appointment.
- During the booking process, you are required to indicate your supervisor/programme leader/course lecturer information.
- Your supervisor/programme leader/course lecturer will receive an email for their approval after the slot is booked.
- Please send us your writing draft (max. 5 pages, 12 pt Times New Roman font, single spaced or approx. 2,000 words) and specific questions, if any, two weeks before the booked slot(s) via email email@example.com .
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your consultation slot.
- Feedback given at the one-on-one consultation session should be considered general advice and suggestions only, and is not meant to supersede your disciplinary supervisor’s instructions.
- You are required to complete a feedback form immediately after the consultation.
- The GRAD Centre Manager may contact you to seek further feedback on how to improve the service.
- Please make every effort to attend a scheduled appointment; but if you must cancel, please do so as soon as possible and in any case no later than 5 working days before the appointment.
- Please be aware that if you miss an appointment without advance cancellation, you may be prohibited from accessing the GRAD Centre’s services for the academic semester.
To Upload Your Draft / Check Status / Fill up Survey
To Book a Consultation Slot
To Register for an Account